Developer, Data Engineering
Req Id: 338130
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
We are looking for an ETL Developer to provide production support, troubleshoot, and resolve reported functionality and performance defects within Bell BI production environment. You will lead the incident management and operational support activities within the team and build automated processes that will improve the BI environment performance. As part of Bell’s Business Intelligence Data Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to work with best in class technology platforms, partner with industry-leading vendors and lead motivated professionals towards the common goal of an optimal enterprise data ecosystem.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Support and troubleshoot technical problems within the BI environment
- Support production processes within BI teams
- Support outages, delays & major deployments within the BI environment
- Evaluate the performance of existing processes and optimize whenever required
- Create new processes to improve the performance of the BI environment
- Share technical expertise with team and provide recommendations for best practices
- Enforce standards and discipline in the documentation and structured development
- Explore large, new sources of data; communicate and present insight opportunities to business teams across the organization to influence decision making
Critical Skills/ Competencies:
- University Degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- 3+ years of Telecom industry experience working with complex ETLs and relational databases
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with
- Technologies such as Teradata and SAS products (with emphasis on Enterprise Guide and Data Integration Studio)
- Scripting on Unix/Linux and Windows OS platforms
- Developing and optimizing SQL on Teradata
- OLAP or data visualization technologies such as Tableau or Microstrategy
- Ability to create, evaluate and implement ETL support controls such as self-healing processes, triggers, control tables, alerts, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), and detail-oriented
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Collaborative spirit to share learnings and knowledge with peers
- Experience with IBM LSF
- Experience with Big Data and unstructured data technologies including HDFS, Spark, Map Reduce, Hive, Impala, Cloudera, NoSQL, Oozie, Sqoop
- Experience with ML/AI technologies
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/30/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.