Data Analyst, Business Intelligence 1
Req Id: 363670
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
The Business Intelligence/Business Performance Optimization team resides within Bell Business Markets and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights on customer experience and optimization of our back office. The team consists of data analysts for assessing data, capacity planning management for sourcing and maintaining data, programmers for building dashboards and data scientists for building machine learning models. Our team partners closely with other business intelligence teams within the company and supports primarily our operational teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business. In addition, the team has an active role in the change management process within Bell Business Markets, often including: automation initiatives, self serve tool development, and process engineering. We are looking for a soon-to-be or recent university graduate with an aptitude to create business impacts using data-driven approach. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to implement the latest practices in analytics, data visualization and machine learning to enable Bell Business Market team members to have faster and more insightful access to the drivers of their operations.
How the program works: You will have the opportunity to work on projects and improve your skills in presenting to upper management, data analytics, capacity planning management, data engineering and machine learning.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Identify areas for ML/AI opportunities and demonstrate to internal clients how ML/AI can improve their business
- Highly analytical with an understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and a passion for learning new skills
- Strong work ethic and persistence in the face of challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to learn quickly, with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Work with partners within Customer Operations and across Bell to make data-driven business decisions
Critical Skills/ Competencies:
- Undergraduate or masters degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics or Mathematics
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind various methods: regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, dimensionality reduction
- Manipulating large & complex datasets Statistical software and data-mining tools and methods; such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab/Scilab, R, CART or other statistical packages
- At least one general programming language such as Python (preferable), Java or C/C++ Experience with query development using SQL Experience with data visualization tools and time series
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Spoken & written English
- Experience in reporting and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services, Microstrategy, Tableau and Python Dash is an asset
- Experience in large data sets and machine learning techniques is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 12/01/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.