Central Office Technician, Bell MTS
Req Id: 368297
Bell MTS is proud to be Manitoba’s leading communications company, providing a comprehensive and innovative suite of broadband communications and content services to consumers, businesses, not-for-profit organizations and governments.
Supported by Bell’s industry-leading investments in advanced networks and media content, Bell MTS provides TV, high-speed Internet, 4G LTE Wireless, home phone, security systems and business services including unified cloud and managed services.
At Bell MTS, our employees are at the heart of our success. Join our team today!
Responsible for providing installation, maintenance and repair of switching and transport network equipment. Technologies include digital microwave radios, FOTS, video codec, subscriber carrier, digital multiplex, switching, ATM, Frame Relay, Intelligent channel Banks, DACS, IP, power, alarm, cross connection and miscellaneous equipment. You will provide direction and practical on the job training to Technicians as required. You may be required to perform duties of other craftlines and Chargehand/subforeman duties from time to time.
- Post-secondary diploma in Communication Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Electronic Engineering Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current Technician experience in the installation and/or maintenance of GTD-5, DMS 100/200, 250/500, Cs2k and Centrex Switching equipment
- Current Technician experience in the installation and/or maintenance of Transport equipment. Such as Nortel OC3/12/48 expresses, Nortel OM 3500, 6500 Ciena 4200, Newbridge Equipment etc
- Knowledge of DC Power systems, including rectifiers, batteries, and UPS systems, and working knowledge of test equipment for them
- Knowledge in network facilities including microwave, fibre, PCM, HDSL, Digital Radio, and cellular
- Knowledge of IP networks and protocols, and Broadband including ADSL and VDSL equipment (7330, 7360, etc.)
- Meet the physical requirements of the position which includes lifting, climbing and working on ladders
- Willing to work shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Possess a valid Manitoba driver's license and be willing to travel throughout the province by vehicle, boat, airplane, helicopter, fixed wing plane, ATV and snowmobile is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Brandon
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/03/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, MB, Brandon
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.