Building Maintenance 1, Bell Media
Req Id: 361451
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: April 4, 2022
Closing Date: April 27, 2022
Position: Building Maintenance I, Unifor 723M
Location: 299 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON
Salary: Group A-Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Reporting to the Building Manager the basic purpose of this position is to assist with all aspects of building maintenance as described below:
- Maintenance of the existing facilities including but not limited to; Lighting, Building Automation, General building repairs, Plumbing
- Preventative maintenance on all HVAC systems including; Cooling towers, heat exchangers, heat pumps and fan coils, chemical systems & generators
- Preventative maintenance on all life safety systems including; Inspection of sprinkler systems, flow tests, inspection & testing of alarm systems
- Other job duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience in Plant Maintenance or related activity ( 3 years)
- Building Environment Systems (BES) certificate or equivalent is an asset
- Must be proactive, solutions oriented and a self-starter
- Able to adapt at quickly accommodating unexpected changes
- Proven and demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player
- Contract: 12 months
- 40 hours per week, Night shift
- Vacation coverage of Day and Evening shifts as required
- Overtime as required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 04/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.