Broadcast Technician 2, Bell Media
Req Id: 364872
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Broadcast Technician 2, Bell Media, Unifor 723M
Location: Bell Media Inc. – 299 Queen St W, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Regular Full Time- 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. Weekend & shift work as required.
- Supporting the installation, configuration and patching requirements for systems in a media production, editing and delivery environment
- Installing security applications on various dedicated servers, virtual machines and machines used by various media production users
- Collaborating with broadcast engineering support teams in finding solutions to faulted media workflows
- Work in partnership with networking teams to share findings and support requests for change and new installations
- Configuration of tools and devices found in an end-to-end media facility
- Making business critical decisions without supervision with confidence
- Prioritizing tasks with peer groups in engineering and network teams
- Strong System Administrator skills & experience with Linux/Unix and Windows systems
- An understanding of firewalls and their implementation in media systems
- An understanding of virtualized workflows
- Familiar with broadcast IP standards and the network securities that surround it
- Previous experience with virtualized workflows within a media environment
- Previous experience with automated production workflows and assisting the teams that use those tools
- Experience servicing master control systems, broadcast delivery workflows and media ingest systems
- Self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to work without supervision
- The ability to troubleshoot software and hardware malfunctions
- The ability to communicate ideas and vital project related information to others
- Must be able to work in a deadline driven environment and collaborate with all facets of media production within high pressure situations
- Previous experience focused on media production technology (7-10 years)
- Post-Secondary Education in Broadcast Systems or Engineering is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.