Associate Computer Application Support
Req Id: 352216
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Are you passionate about problem solving?
Are you excited by discovering new business opportunities?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic “yes!” then you may be the person we are looking for to join our growing team on our Process Improvement Team!
Name and description of the hiring department:
Bell Field’s Business Provisioning & Assurance team is the “last mile” in delivering business internet to Canada’s top companies. The team works in a highly complex space involving many system interactions with dozens of internal teams to manage those interactions.
The Computer Application Support team within the Business Provisioning team is responsible for the support and development of internal tools, systems and reports.
- Responsible to work with lead programmer on system development and programming to meet work schedule and deadlines while maintaining support and maintenance of existing tools
- Responsible to run independent projects to enhance or develop new tools to fill business needs
- Provide support to end users of IT Applications and internal tools/reports
- Build, design, develop and program new web applications in an effort to make Field Services more efficient and productive
- Analyze and evaluate the requirements for new tools and enhancements to existing tools
- Document requirements in a BRD for review and signoff
- Convert business requirements into conceptual system functionality
- Maintain shared action list for development steps
- Use Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 to maintain source code and perform code review
- Offer support to web application & tool users by diagnosing, isolating, and de-bugging problems with existing applications
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities in existing applications in order to achieve optimal results while ensuring accuracy and adhering to tight deadlines
- Create and modify web reports/queries based on internal customer requirements
- Work closely with the manager in charge of the team, and with all managers within our organization and Field Services
- Communicate verbally or in writing with Business Data Provisioning & Assurance technicians and managers, as well as with any other parties involved
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming using C#, VBA, Java
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio 18 (SQL queries, Stored procedures, Data management)
- Advanced knowledge of development using .NET framework 4.0 and above, MVC 5 and Entity Framework
- Advanced knowledge of visual studio 2017 (or above)
- Computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle ERP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills
Skills and demonstrated experience:
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize activities
- Ability to coordinate and negotiate activities with various groups and vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively within own group, with managers and other groups, (including external vendors/partners)
- Ability in solving system problems of different natures related to database and applications
- Ability in developing and explaining operating procedures to group members
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong customer orientation and ability to work efficiently with all team members as well as autonomously
- Strong problem solving abilities including initiative to address issues in a proactive manner
- Ability to drive progress and improvement by identifying problems or areas of opportunity and creating system solutions
- Independently and proactively identify opportunities, solicit information and feedback, develop innovative solutions, communicate and roll out process/tool changes
- Provide support to team members and user community
- Work with internal/external team members to gather requirements, fully understand needs and develop best possible solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets, formulas, conditional formatting & statistics, pivot tables, internal tools, macro creation)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Remote
Application Deadline: 05/09/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.