Analyst, Finance, Corporate Strategy, Mergers and Acquisitions
Req Id: 367453
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Bell is currently looking to fill a Manager (Analyst) position within BCE’s Corporate Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) group. The position will be located in Montreal or Toronto.
The Corporate Strategy and M&A group provides high quality financial and strategic advice to senior management and officers of BCE and its subsidiaries, with the ultimate objective of enhancing shareholder value.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Provide financial modeling and industry research support to Directors and Senior Managers within the Corporate Strategy and M&A group on a wide range of strategic and M&A projects across all Bell operating units (e.g.: Bell Corporate, Bell Residential Services, Bell Mobility, Bell Business Markets, Bell Media)
- Conduct industry research to support strategic projects, including industry and technology trends, new product introductions and cross-BCE initiatives;
- Prepare various presentations and analyses for the Corporate Strategy and M&A group, BCE senior management and the Board of Directors
- Develop and maintain detailed models to analyze the financial impact of various corporate, operating and M&A projects (Operating, Industry, Financing, DCF, Merger, LBO, etc.)
- Participate in the coordination of the due diligence / data room processes for acquisitions / divestitures
- Conduct detailed research and prepare relative valuation on comparable publicly traded companies and precedent transactions
- Coordinate with members of the Bell operating units to obtain underlying financial model assumptions and raw data
The successful candidate will have the following critical skills and competencies:
- 1- 3 years experience in a top tier management consulting firm, investment banking, or corporate advisory would be an asset;
- Deep understanding of financial theory and corporate strategy concepts;
- University degree with a concentration in finance, accounting or strategy;
- Sound and well developed analytical skills, along with an ability to make well-reasoned and supported conclusions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects simultaneously;
- Solid work ethic;
- Ability to work independently;
- Flexibility to work additional hours when the need arises;
- CPA, CBV, or CFA designation is an asset (either completed or in process of completion);
- Knowledge of and interest in the telecommunications industry is an asset.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/21/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.