Coordinator Client Development Canada
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Client Development Coordinator (CDC) supports the Client Team in the management of Client business. He/she leads the administrative processes and other assigned duties including, but not limited to, preparation of Client scorecards, completion of business plans, management of promotional budgets, preparation of Client forecasts, market share analysis, product/client/customer presentations and communication to various contacts within Company and clients. The Client Development Coordinator may personally manage smaller clients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotions Forms Management: maintains an efficient forms management process through consistent application and training. Develops accurate and timely promotional materials by inputting client information in order to create a promotional calendar. Maintains promotional materials through tracking vehicles (i.e. spreadsheets, sample inventories, quotes, and bonus tracking). Ensures accurate and timely communication of promotions by maintaining updated distribution lists.
- Works with customer financial software systems conduct forecasting and provide promotional input.
- Administrative: supports and resolves administrative activities by maintaining communication flow and serving as a liaison to Business Managers
- Client and Customer Interaction: Articulates Company policies and procedures as they relate to doing business with Clients.
- Manages the claims, deductions, and reconciliation processes by meeting client and customer expectations through maintaining accurate records
- Maintains ARTS, the Retail Reporting system used by the Company, as it pertains to clients’ business
- Updates client pricing and trade deals within the Company Genweb system
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business
3-5 years of experience in an administrative, analyst or support role in a sales or marketing environment in the food or CPG business. Trade marketing, brand management or category management experience is highly desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while serving as a liaison to departments heads, managers, associates, Clients and Customers.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly computer literate with a proficiency in Computer Software to include: MS Windows, Spreadsheet (Excel), Word-processing (Word), and advanced presentation application software (PowerPoint).
- SAP, Siebel, Adesso, MEI, Retail Link are an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Mathematical and analytical skills needed.
- Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.