Category Analyst Canada
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Category Analyst supports the development of customer and client sales growth strategies by providing insightful analytics and shopper insights that support a mutually beneficial growth plan. The Category Analyst interfaces with customers, various members of the category management and customer development teams. The Category Analyst works to develop category review, prepare new item presentations, provides assortment and promotion analysis, and handle ad hoc requests.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Source data from syndicated, customer-specific and/or market resources
- Meet specific needs of requesting party by determining appropriate data selection and custom assortment as directed by supervisor
- Quantify, analyze, and interpret data
- Evaluate the reliability of source information by weighting raw data and organizing results for analysis
- Create excel templates utilizing raw data
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems and make adjustments as needed to meet deadlines
- Organize information into presentation format by studying, analyzing, interpreting and classifying data
- Assist the management team as needed by participating in presentations to answer any questions regarding the data and data analysis information
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Education Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Working knowledge of syndicated data and applications
- Analytical and research Skills
- Understand legal regulations within category management and work within compliance guidelines
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Team building Skills
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Ability to develop and present category strategy growth opportunities and recommendations to key accounts.
- Excellent Excel and Power Point skills.
- Strong communication skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work across multiple categories.
- The Category Analyst has the ability to work independently and in teams.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.