Customer Care Service Representative
Our Edmonds Contact Centre is located at 6900 Southpoint Drive in Burnaby, British Columbia. Our contact centre is a showcase facility for Accenture, offering employees an ideal working environment with chill-out areas (including complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate!), spacious work stations, and of course, a friendly team. The Burnaby site has been in operation for more than six years and is open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturdays.
If you're a positive and professional team player who enjoys problem-solving and a high energy environment, rewarding job opportunities await you with our Burnaby-based customer care team.
Customer Service Representatives - Now hiring for November!
Date Posted: September 22nd, 2015
Closing Date: Ongoing
Next Class Start Date: November 2nd, 2015
Accenture Utilities BPO Services is a leading business processing outsourcer offering customer care, business services and technology services to the Utilities industry in North America. We've built our expertise on the foundation of quality service that makes us a leader in our field.
We believe that satisfied employees result in satisfied customers! We want our people to stay, learn and develop, seeing a career with Accenture as a long term opportunity. It all starts with the right attitude, a commitment to excellence and exceptional training.
As a Customer Service Representative you will play a key role in providing superior customer service which assists in maintaining our high customer satisfaction ratings. Our Call Centres operate in a shift work environment and scheduling of Customer Service Representatives varies according to anticipated call volumes. Individuals must have the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, often on short notice, on an as required basis. Successful applicants will possess excellent communication skills, exceptional customer service experience and strong computer proficiency.
Our Customer Service Representatives are well-trained professionals responsible for handling inbound telephone enquiries from the public on a wide variety of matters relating to BC's largest utility provider. Typically these enquires fall into the following areas:
- Customer Care (customer moves, billing inquiries, credit and collection calls)
- General Enquiries (utility energy use, cost of energy, cost of energy for appliances, marketing campaigns)
- Trouble Call Handling (power outage calls and emergency electric calls)
The first six weeks of employment consists of full time training in a classroom environment. You will be expected to be present for training during the full six-week period. Following training you will be scheduled as a casual employee on an "as and when required" basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service in an inbound customer contact environment
- Quickly analyzing and interpreting customer inquiries to identify customer needs
- Listen attentively to customer concerns; demonstrate empathy
- Ask questions as appropriate to discover needs while effectively keyboarding to capture information
- Fulfill customer expectations in a way that also complies with policies, practices and procedures
- Identify and resolve complaints, influence to achieve a solution mutually satisfactory to the customer
- Clarify customer requirements; probe for and confirm understanding of requirements or problem
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and /or improve productivity
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
- Maintain broad knowledge of client products and services
- Solve problems that are sometimes unstructured and that may require reliance on conceptual thinking
Customer Service Representatives are evaluated on business performance criteria through quality monitoring and productivity measures and will be coached regularly on their performance.
- Successful completion of secondary school education (high school diploma or equivalent) is required for this position.
- Demonstrated front line customer service experience (for a minimum of 12 months in the last 5 years).
- Accenture Utilities BPO Services Customer Service Representatives are required to be licensed under the Debt Collections Act.
- Competitive hourly rate ($15.00 base to start)
- Extensive paid training
- Chill-out areas (including complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate!)
- Spacious work stations
This application involves answering multiple-choice questions using your mouse button and open-ended questions using your keyboard. This process may take several minutes of your time and you must provide us with a valid e-mail address and telephone number.
To be fair to all applicants, we will only consider the first application that we receive from each individual. Please do not apply more than once, as all applications beyond your first will be disregarded.