We nurture both sides of the brain
Our unique philosophy takes students beyond the pursuit of academic excellence.
Brock is a place where left-brain and right-brain thinking come together. Students develop rational/analytical thinking in concert with their emotional/creative sides. We view community involvement as crucial to developing intelligent, well-rounded members of society.
Our rigorous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs include experiential learning opportunities and one of Canada’s largest co-op programs. Our cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs offer multi-faceted degrees that help students build careers and get jobs.
For a decade, Brock has had the second-highest growth of students of any Ontario university.
More than $300 million in construction has been committed or commissioned to expand the campus. In recent years, we've constructed:
- new student residences;
- the Plaza building, home of a new campus store and academic space;
- the Jack and Nora Walker Canadian Centre for Lifespan Development Research, a facility unique in Canada
- a new International Centre
Construction is ongoing for the Cairns Family Health and Bioscience Research Complex, a state-of-the-art facility where students and professors will explore new frontiers in green science and health and wellness.
And in downtown St. Catharines, work has started on the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts, a landmark campus that will support digital media and creativity, and help revitalize downtown St. Catharines.
Brock has a park-like setting atop the Niagara Escarpment in Ontario’s Niagara peninsula. Brock's campus is part of a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
We have the numbers to back it up
Consider the following:
- When students from across our seven faculties gave their ratings to the Globe and Mail 2009 Canadian University Report, Brock was one of Canada’s top medium-size institutions in terms of quality of education, quality of teaching and most satisfied students.
- With 17,000 full-time students and nearly 600 faculty, we’re small enough to be intimate, big enough to be world-class and in demand among international students.
Brock provides opportunities for social and academic growth that don’t exist at larger universities, like access to professors. Our emphasis on moderate class sizes in seminar settings makes more students full participants in the learning experience.
Brock University is a special place that’s worth a visit.